Mockmate is a Techstars company!
Read about our Techstars cohort here
Wait, what is Techstars?
Techstars is a startup accelerator, a 3-month cohort-based program, consisting of limited funding, mentorship, training, and access to the network. Typically, it ends with a public pitch event, a “demo day” that showcases the products and companies of the program.
There are many types of accelerators, but the top 2 for startups are Y Combinator and Techstars, and both have an acceptance rate of 1-3%.
Techstars began in 2006 and today has 2,379 total companies, who have received $11.4b in total funding. 85.8% of the companies are still active or acquired. In fact, Techstars is one of the top investors on Crunchbase with 3200+ investments.
There are about 36 Techstars accelerators in 14 countries (but most are in the US). We joined Techstars Berlin, even though we’re based in Barcelona, because the program was remote.
The Techstars motto is “give first” which is a slight modification of “pay it forward” and encourages you to be a good person. Mockmate approves!
What makes Techstars Berlin so special?
Techstars Berlin is run by Jag Singh, one of Europe’s most active angel investors. He’s founded several companies (including two exits and a spectacular failure) and invested in 90+ early-stage startups.
The Techstars Berlin 2021 Cohort
Nine companies (plus Mockmate) participated in Techstars Berlin, they are:
- Bippit based in London, United Kingdom, Helping businesses go beyond the paycheck, by providing free financial coaching for every employee.
- Creatext in Berlin, Germany, With Creatext, B2B sales teams write more effective emails and book more meetings.
- Enzyme in Denver, United States, From idea to website in seconds—If you can imagine it, you can build it.
- Faredirect in London, UK, Faredirect is helping airlines to build and scale ancillary revenues. Live with 2 airlines, delivered 20% uplift.
- Labbox in Dover, United States, 100s of kids are already learning hands-on by experimenting with Labbox’s subscription-based engineering kits.
- Lightning Social Ventures in London, UK, Enabling charities and public sector organisations to quickly verify and process financial support applications for millions of people in financial hardship.
- Mockmate, that’s us! Your favorite Techstars company. Traditional recruitment is dead. Mockmate helps job seekers practice interviewing, and companies screen candidates faster using natural language processing.
- Sourcery in London, UK, Powering developers to write beautiful, clear code all the time through real time refactoring.
- SympliFI in London, UK, First of its kind fintech solution providing an alternative to the $560bn global remittance market, by eliminating the need for money transfers.
- yoona.ai in Berlin, Germany, Puma, Vaude, and Vogue Magazine are already using Yoona.ai to shorten their design processes.
Listen to Mockmate on a Techstars podcast
The Lead Up features Techstars founders as they share their stories — and struggles — preparing for Demo Day. Join Jag Singh, Managing Director of Techstars Berlin, in Season 1 as he interviews each company in the Techstars Berlin 2021 program. Listen to Mockmate here!
How can you support Mockmate & Techstars?
- Watch our demo video and like & subscribe.
- Try our product
- If you are hiring and want to try an innovative and inclusive way to hire candidates, contact us for a free trial!